Microsoft has Announced the Release of Lync Server 2013 Multitenant Hosting Pack Deployment Guide.
The Lync Server 2013 Multitenant Hosting Pack enables service providers to sell value-added, Lync-based solutions to small and midsized customers. The hosting pack topology, based on Lync Online, enables partners to offer a more cost-effective topology to manage a large number of tenants with fewer users, which makes the offering compelling to small-to-midsized customers.
What’s Available in the Lync Server 2013 Multitenant Hosting Pack?
The features that integrate with other components and applications include the following:
- Presence A collection of attributes that provides an indication of a person’s status, activity, location, willingness to communicate, and contact information.
- Instant messaging (IM) A form of real-time text-based communication.
- Data and desktop sharing A feature that allows users to share files, use whiteboard, and display their desktop to a meeting or to conversation participants.
- Conferencing Two-way video and audio transmissions between users in multiple locations.
- Unified Messaging This feature is available only in combination with Microsoft Exchange Server. An application that consolidates a user’s voice mail, fax, and email into one mailbox, so that the user only needs to check a single location for messages, regardless of type. The email server is the platform for all types of messages, making it unnecessary to maintain separate voice mail and email infrastructures.
- Private branch exchange (PBX) replacement UC integration with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems can replace traditional phone exchange systems.
Lync Server Multitenant Hosting Pack partner feature set includes:
- Appliances Hand and head set I/O devices.
- Conferencing server gateway video Real-time IP video, voice, and data services.
- Audio conferencing provider Integration with hosted conferencing systems.
- Short Message Service (SMS) Text messaging systems used by phones and mobile communication systems.