Noticed something weird during a recent upgrade to from Lync Server 2013 to a new Skype for Business Server pool.
I was double-checking my self against Greig Sheridan‘s very detailed guide and as expected, everything worked just fine.
We tested and confirmed that calls are coming through and the response groups are all working as expected – that was easy.
The next week I’m getting a phone call saying the Response Groups’ managers can’t change some of the settings they used to be able to.
Checking AD permissions – OK.
Opening the Workflow – I can’t see the managers and the workflow is set to “Unmanaged”.
I thought it was just a misconfiguration but then I checked the “Get-CsRgsWorkflow” export we did earlier (Never underestimate documenting!) and all workflows that were set to “
Managed: True” are now set to “
I thought it was a bug, but no – it’s by design. I couldn’t see it in the migration documents (nor thought I should look for it!) but the Microsoft planning document for Skype for Business Server 2015 states very
clearly vaguely that “When you migrate response groups from a prior version to Skype for Business Server, the type is set to Unmanaged.”
Here, check for yourself.
I’m not sure if this is the behaviour when performing an in-place upgrade to Skype for Business, but assuming it is.