This is something I was looking for every time I had a deployment with multiple Response Groups.
Customers and management would usually like to see a graphic chart of how the Response Groups’ workflows work, what are the timeout and over flow options, what’s the chosen routing method for each group, and who are the users in each group.
Took a while to get it where I wanted, but the version published here now is one I’m very happy about and it actually gives me everything I was looking for.
It’s actually two files;
- One file is the script that you should run from your PC.
- The second file is a custom Visio stencil (.vss file) that will be downloaded to your “My Shapes” folder (That’s always in your “My Documents” folder after you install Visio) and will provide the Visio images for the script. You can find it here if you wish to download it to your machine beforehand.
The script will detect proxy\download issues and will prompt you to download the VSS file manually if required.
- Run this script from your workstation – not from the server. It doesn’t matter if your workstation is in the domain or not.
- You’ll need an installation of Visio on that machine.
- PowerShell 3.0 is a must.
- ADDS RSAT is required if you’re sing Active Directory Distribution Groups for some of your Response Groups’ groups. We’re using the AD PowerShell Module to expand these groups and list their users.
- Your Lync\S4B pool’s FQDN and administrator credentials.
- Your Execution policy set to Bypass, at least until I start signing my scripts…
Running the script
From PowerShell, run the file, it will immediately prompt you for your Pool’s FQDN:
Enter your pool’s name and you’ll be prompted for credentials:
The script will generate a list of all your Response Groups. Pick up a Response Group nunmber from the list, or hit 0 for all Response Groups. Each workflow will be drawn in a new page:
If required, it will download the Visio stencil and place it in your “My Shapes” folder:
The script will start drawing the diagram in the background:
Upon completion, the script will auto-save the file to your My Documents folder:
The file is saved with the workflow’s name and the creation date:
And is ready to be opened:
For multiple Response Groups you’ll have multiple pages, each with the Workflow’s name.
Diagrams are scaled to fit the pages, but might be larger due to large number of agents in a group.
- This script was tested in English, you might experience some issues if you’re running Visio under a different language.
- Windows 10 OS build 10565 can’t install ADDS RSAT – the script will not expand Distribution Groups.
Please download the script here.