New year, new holiday set.
This updated script will add all 2016 public holidays (and 2017 new years day) to your Skype for Business Server \ Lync 2013 Server environment as a holiday set.
Holidays in this script:
- St. Patrick’s day.
- Easter Monday.
- Bank holidays for May, June, August, October.
- Christmas day.
- St. Stephen’s Day.
- New years day 2017.
This will then become an option to tick on your response group workflows:
The script can be downloaded here.
It’s this time of the year again, and the most common question is “What do we do when we’re going on holidays?”.
The answer is here! (That is, if you live in Ireland :)) – the attached script will add all Public holidays for 2015 …And then some:
According to the Citizen Information Board, the following are Public Holidays in Ireland in 2015:
- New Year’s Day (1 January)
- St. Patrick’s Day (17 March)
- Easter Monday (This year it’s 4 April)
- First Monday in May, June, August (4 May, 1 June, 6 August)
- Last Monday in October (26 October)
- Christmas Day (25 December)
- St. Stephen’s Day (26 December)
Good Friday is not a public holiday.
The script will add all of the above and the following:
- Christmas Day 2014 (25 December)
- St. Stephen’s Day 2014 (26 December)
- New Year’s Day 2016 (1 January)
You will need to check the new holiday set box for your RSG Workflows to activate your holiday configuration.
To run the script, simply run it one of your Lync servers. The script will confirm that you have local admin permissions and will prompt you for automatic elevation if necessary.
then, it will search for and display your existing application servers, please choose the one(s) running your RGS.
The new improvement to the script is that it will ask you whether you’re using a 12-hour or 24-hour configuration on your machine to determine how to run.
Once you choose 12 or 24 hour configuration, the script will run and add a holiday set called “Ireland Public Holidays 2015”.
Download the script here.